Helen is available to present in school and conference settings. As an author and former librarian with a B.A. in English Language and Literature from the University of Chicago and a master’s degree in library science from Columbia University, the research process plays a key role in many of her presentations.
World of Research in Picture Books
Explore the world of research in picture books. What goes into them and how your students of all ages can get the most out of them. Turn picture books into springboards for research activities. Connect them to standards in history, geography, biography and language arts.
Helen and her books have been featured at schools, bookstores and other events, including:
- Bangor Book Festival/Bangor, Maine
- Bank Street Bookstore/New York, New York
- Barnes and Noble /New York, New York
- Barnes and Noble/Princeton, New Jersey
- Cooks and Books/Hilton Head, South Carolina
- Jackson McNally Bookshop/New York New York
- Kentucky Horse Park/Lexington, Kentucky
- Lancaster Quilt Show/Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- Livonia Public Schools/Livonia, Michigan
- Merrick Public Schools/Merrick, New York
- National Council for the Social Studies
Annual Conference speaker/Seattle, Washington
- New York Reading Association
Annual Conference speaker/Saratoga Springs, New York
- Princeton Children’s Book Festival/Princeton, New Jersey
- Thorndike Author Day/Waterville, Maine
Bluffton Book Festival, S.C.
North Carolina Book Festival, Raleigh, N.C.
Pat Conroy Children’s Book Festival, Beaufort, S.C.
The Storybook Shoppe, Bluffton, S.C.
South Carolina Independent Reading Association, Hilton Head Island, S.C.
Booking Now for 2020 School Year
Contact Helen for author presentations for your group, school or event.